PFESP Influencing Policies
- The PFESP in cooperation with MAS-Palestine economic policy research institute prepared a survey mapping study for employment organizations and youth entrepreneurial initiatives as the study concluded several results, the most important of which the presence of a large number of institutions operating in the employment sector based on the directions of the donor and not depending on the policies and goals of the institution itself, and that a large number of these institutions do not have experience in the field, and most of these institutions do not coordinate between each other at all, which disperses efforts, and this confirms the need for a coordinating and organizational body for this sector in order to coordinate efforts and interventions and maximize their impact.
- In 2016, a cabinet decision was adopted to approve the PFESP as a national umbrella for employment in Palestine, which strengthened the Fund’s role and made it more visible and influential.
- In 2017, a decision was adopted to support the PFESP in the national policy agenda as a major political intervention in the Sixth National priority which is achieving economic independence.
- Enhance the role of employment councils in the governorates, by strengthening coordination implementing joint projects, in addition to the chairmanship of the PFESP for the Local Employment Council in the Gaza Strip in 2019.
- Provide technical support to the Ministry of Entrepreneurship in 2019 by providing assistance to organize central conferences and workshops in the West Bank and Gaza Strip with all local and international partners in order to define the ministry's business policies and to organize and coordinate efforts.
- During the year 2019, the PFESP intended to coordinate and communicate with actors/stakeholders in the employment sector, including donors, foreign implementing institutions, and relevant United Nations bodies, in addition to the main partners, especially relevant line ministries, with the aim of devoting the PFESP role as a major player in the sector towards Reaching its national role as a guide and vehicle for all employment programs and interventions.
- Structuring the relationship with the Ministry of Labor - General Administration of Employment on the basis of strategic partnership at the policy level and at the level of the Ministry’s windows in the unified service window in the governorates, to integrate efforts and roles in order to enhance the quality of services
- Employment and upgrade the level of national programs offered to enhance employment.
- Start to cooperate with the chambers of commerce in several governates to support the implementation of joint programs