Paid Internship Opportunities - Peace Steps Project
Peace Steps Project
Paid Internship Opportunities
The internship is foreseen In the framework of the project "Peace Steps: social-economic experiences for the sustainable growth of Palestine", implemented by Vento Di Terra NGO (VdT) in partnership with the Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection of Workers (PFESP) and funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS). The project aims to promote inclusive and sustainable economic and social growth in Palestine.
VdT operates in Gaza since 2010. Its main interventions are carried out in the northern area, in particular in the Bedouin village of Um Al Nasser. The main sectors of activities are education and protection, implementing programs following an integrated approach for community empowerment, and human rights protection.
In the framework of VdT experience in the area, several activities have been implemented that lead to the realization of the Children’s Land, Zeina Centre in Um Al Nasser, a new bioclimatic architecture building in the Gaza Strip. The Center includes a women center and a cooperative of Bedouin women for the production of qualified educational material intending to produce environmentally friendly toys made out of natural wood and fabric, filling the gap on the local market of educational toys, supporting the empowerment of women and promoting the implementation of new pedagogical approaches.
In Gaza, PFESP and VDT operate in coordination with relevant local and international stakeholders to foster local communities and their abilities to cope with the dramatic socio-economic and human conditions they live in.
The internship aims at providing Zeina NGO with qualified volunteers who can contribute in support the organization. Just two positions are available in the field of:
- Fundraising and project management.
- Networking and public relations.
The internship programme is structured as follow:
- The first month: The interns will work full time, five (5) days per week, four (4) days at the hosting organization, and one (1) day at Zeina Association.
- The second month: The interns will work full time, five (5) days per week, three (3) days at the hosting organization, and two (2) days at Zeina Association.
- The third month: The interns will work full time, five (5) days per week, three (3) days at the hosting organization, and two (2) days at Zeina Association.
- At the end of the three (3) months internship: the interns are obligated to work voluntarily at the Zeina Association, for at least 120 volunteering hours, at least 5 hours per week, for a period of 6 months.
ONLY FEMALE CANDIDATES COMING FROM THE NORTH AREA OF THE GAZA STRIP WILL BE CONSIDERED.
The reimbursement of expenses amounts to 160€ monthly for each intern for three months.
Our interns work as full members of our team, pursuing projects that are designed to make a significant difference in Zeina Association. We offer internship opportunities in two broad areas:
- AREA 1: FUNDRAISING AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Supporting in design and drafting projects for the Organization
- Supporting the implementation of strategic priorities of the Organization
- Searching for new potential donors
- Exploring new methods of fundraising (including crowdfunding)
- Supporting the active projects
- Collaborating with the staff to create ideas and actions
- Office duties
- AREA 2: NETWORKING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS.
- Social media management and content creation
- Reporting on events, or items of interest – such events may take place or when the organization is part of an outreach event
- Writing success stories of beneficiaries who have benefited from the organization’s services
- Researching and writing interesting or topical articles related to the Organization work
- Assist with development and implementation of communications strategies or campaigns (when needed)
- Implement the marketing strategy of Zeina Organization
- Writing content for the website and social media
- Contribute to expanding the organization's network.
We are open to a broad range of educational backgrounds. Typically, our interns are pursuing studies in the following areas:
AREA 1: FUNDRAISING AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
We seek candidates with relevant coursework in Business administration, engineering, or any other related fields.
AREA 2: NETWORKING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
We seek candidates with relevant coursework in Marketing, public relations, press, and media, or any other related fields.
Applicants must also:
- Be computer literate in standard software applications
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of civil society organizations.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
No working experience is required to apply for the Internship Programme
For the internship advertised, Proficiency in English is required.
Applying for the internship program:
By sending your CV and Motivational Letter to the following email: email@example.com
The e-mail subject must be: Internship - FUNDRAISING AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT or Internship - NETWORKING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
Application deadline: 14th of September 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.